19 Apr Kidney Stone
With the days getting hot, the first set of heat-related health-issues which trouble us intensely start to appear including the piles and others. Prominent among them are kidney stones & others.
You may be tempted to ask, what exactly are kidney stones. When these develop inside us, do we get an indication? The answer is a firm NO! Right till the time it starts to trouble us, we seem to take good care of it! But once it starts to trouble, these same kidney stones make us roll around in pain.
What exactly does it mean to be a patient of kidney stones? It could mean any or all of these –
- A sudden and severe pain in the lower abdomen which induces us to press around the region and on out waist
- Severe burning sensation while passing urine.
- Sensation to vomit and rise in body temperature resulting in fever
- Severe pains resulting in bouts of vomiting
Why do kidney stones develop in the first place? Kidney stones and others develop due to various reasons like:
- Reduced intake of water even when feeling thirsty. ( Laziness or prolonging could be reasons).
- Irregular urination or holding on to the urge to urinate due to circumstances like work-pressure, absence of toilets (esp for women)
- Excess consumption of foods heavy in seeds such as tomatoes, cucumber, guava, brinjal etc.
Kidney stone development has a lot to do with reduced urination and/or the consumption of those things which increase the chances of stone formation.
Reduced consumption of liquids is a confirmed way of increasing the chances to developing kidney stones.
What do you do if you have kidney stones?
- Consume the right amount of water which the body demands
- Never, ever hold on to the urge to urinate
- Where the size of the kidney or other stones seems excessive, it is advisable to go for specialized medical assistance and take preventive measure to reduce its re-occurrence.
- Pashanbhed, Varun, Gokshur, Punarnava, Jeera, Kulith (Horsegram) etc are some of the naturally occurring herbs prescribed in Ayurveda which help reduce the build-up of kidney and other stones.
- Increase the consumption of home-made ghee(clarified butter)
- Rationalize the consumption of fruits and veggies which have small to very small seeds.
- Regular medical check-ups to know the exact size and status of these stones.
If the above symptoms prevail, one should consult an expert medical practitioner in this regard.
Visit Dr. Madhura Bhide to get rid of these type of Kidney stones & other diseases.
This article is meant solely to provide information about remedies under Ayurveda and is not meant to be used for diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease.
Where the reader or any other person has chronic and/or dire health issues, it is advisable to consult a trained and certified medical practitioner for a complete and comprehensive diagnosis which can address the underlying issues effectively.
Recova Life and its constituents are also certified medical practitioners who can be consulted. Our numbers are +91 83800-16119 and Email ID email@example.com
With respect to the consumption of any herbs, fruits, vegetables and the likes mentioned here, it would be advisable where you consult a certified medical practitioner for his/her opinion before-hand.